Saturday, March 30, 2013

Day 39

"The Son of Man goes as it is written of him,
but woe to that one by whom the Son of Man is betrayed!
It would have been better for that one
not to have been born."
Matthew 26:24

I find this day
uncomfortable
an eerie strangeness lingers
I feel myself just wanting to 
skip over 
Holy Saturday
and on to
Resurrection morning!
There is an emptiness to this day
as though He is not here
He is--
but symbolically
I seek to think as though
He's not
And to have actually lived through
that Holy Saturday
so many years ago
must have been
terribly lonely
and confusing
and frightening 
The disciples
the women
His mother
they would have been devoid
of the hope I have
that Sunday is coming!
 They would have had no reason to
make it to tomorrow's sunrise 
their heart's broken in sorrow
today



 














No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...