Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Day 36

"They went to a place called Gethsemane;
and Jesus said to his disciples,
'Sit here while I pray.'
He took with him Peter and James and John,
and began to be distressed and agitated.
And he said to them,
I am deeply grieved,
even to death;
remain here and keep awake.'"
Mark 14:32-34

Jesus
I would like to think
that You would have asked me to come
and sit with you in anguished prayer
I would like to think
I would have rushed to your side
knelt beside you
prostrated my own body
on the cool earth
overcome with agony
with You
for You
I would like to think that 
my words would have been few if any
that my arms wrapped around You
would have said
what no words can 
I would like to think
that I would have stayed with You
through that long, dark horror-filled night
that I would have been willing
to just "be"
with You my Saviour Friend 
while You 
gave Yourself 
for me
I would like to think...

 







No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...