Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day 26


 "Will anyone rob God?
Yet you are robbing me!
But you say,
'How are we robbing you?'
In your tithes and offerings!
Bring the full tithe into the storehouse,
and thus put me to the test;
see if I will not open the windows of heaven for you
and pour down for you an overflowing blessing,"
Malachi 3:8-10 (adapted from NRSV)

The gavel has come down and I am guilty
My words and actions don't line up
I say--
"I trust You God"
"You are my faithful Promise Keeper"
"You are a Fortress, Shelter, Deliverer"
"You are Sovereign, Wise and Good"
Yet I fail to leave my loved ones
in Your capable hands
I hold on, and fret and think I am somehow
responsible for their care
And now I am 
depleted
empty
weary
That You would open Your arms to me
in spite of my sin
is so overwhelmingly beautiful
It was never Your gavel that announced my guilt
It was mine
I wholly welcome  
Your gracious forgivenss
Can we begin again?

This will be my last blog post until
Monday March 26
God has called me to a
Sabbath Rest
from all things computer related










No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...