"As for me, I shall behold Thy face in righteousness;
I will be satisfied with Thy likeness when I awake."
Psalms 17:15
*********************************************************************************
Whether it be a sunrise or sunset, they promote the same sense of awe in me. It's that moment that calls me to stop, as brief as it may be, and be taken in by Greatness.
The time spent listening, during these days of Lent, have increased my awareness of this Creator God who paints the skies morning and night.
A previous spiritual director, Nita, once said to me, "Leave the Creator to be the Creator and me to be the limited creature that I am." Those powerful words highlight my smallness. How necessary it is for me to recognize my place in the Universe and conversely, to uphold His place.
This continuation of the discipline of listening is revealing the ways in which my heart is in need of a single focus. God.
In Exodus 19:4 God says to His people, "...I bore you on eagle's wings and brought you to myself." This is God reminding the Israelites of His dramatic rescue from the Egyptians. I believe God still longs to rescue us from that which enslaves us. His words here in Exodus reveal the lover's heart of God. How beautiful are His intimate ways of bringing us to Himself. And in these days of Lent I hear my lover God calling me to Himself. Calling me to surrender agendas and self and fear to Him.
Increasingly I am yielding the places He highlights in the darker corners of my soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment