When I began this practice of listening I struggled to set aside the time. Now, almost two weeks into Lent, it is becoming life-giving.
The days have been challenging for me emotionally. In times likes these I am always finding myself wanting for God's peace and rest and hope. And so I press into Him in a desperate search for relief. But it is not always to be found. Often it is a refocusing that He asks of me.
Several years ago I read a book aptly titled , "Being Well When You're Ill" by Marva J. Dawn. It was timely for me then, and is again as I read some of the quotes I penned in a journal during that period of shadows.
Marva proposes:
"Instead of asking 'why'? we need to ask different questions.
'What?' and 'Where'?
'What is God doing in the midst of this?'
'Where do I catch glimpses of the Trinity's grace?'
'Rather than leaning upon our own abilities to figure out a meaning for ourselves, could we humbly learn to rest in the love that the Trinity pours into us?'"
Reading her words spurred me to write out my heart's responses revealing glimpses of the Trinity's grace.
For today those glimpses are enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment