Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Patchwork Quilt of Sorts

I have been pushing off blogging the past week because I haven't been able to pull together all that has been unfolding in my life. 

A patchwork quilt is perhaps the best way to describe the pieces of life that are covering me.  Patches of beauty, excitement, celebration, letting go, God-breathing moments, purposeful steps, courage...
It's not clear how each piece will be sewn together or what it will all look like one day, but the great Designer is so evidently at work. 

There is an abundance of celebration in my son's life recently.  I see God's hand all over him and feel I can hardly keep up with His pace.  Cam's recent hiring has a Worship Pastor(part time) at a new church plant in the city he lives in, has been an over-the-top ministry opportunity.  I think Brian and I are still pinching ourselves...Cam probably is too:)    But more than this particular aspect in his life, is just the overall way in which I watch my son seek God.  I mean....HE...SEEKS....GOD.  He waits and listens and pursues and studies His Word and intensely seeks to live the Word.  I am humbled at the depth of His soul.

And I miss him.  I miss my boy and knowing the daily happenings in his life.  I miss sitting in our upstairs hallway talking, because that was the place he chose to spill his heart and I could hardly breathe because I knew this was another memory-making excerpt of time that I would cherish one day.  Like today.  I watch him building his own life...a glorious God-filled life...and I am rejoicing and mourning simultaneously.

I am basking in the pleasure of still being an integral part of my daughter's life.  I listen to her soul as it comes tumbling out with all of its angst and fears and dreams and questions and 16-year-old-almost-daily crisis of some fashion(actually often it is about fashion:)  I love being that set of ears that she so freely spills "life" to.  I love being privy to the Spirit-movements in her heart and knowing...deeply knowing that God "is on the loose".

It's almost time.  Time to fling open the shutters of a window into a beautiful ministry God has been birthing.   I so wish I could say more, and I suppose I could, but I will wait just a little while longer.  Bursting at the seams is what I am and can hardly wait to share God's gift to me...for others.

God's Spirit is alive and well.  This has become more and more evident to me these past few weeks.  I have been privileged to have a "front row seat" to the work of God in a dear friend's life.  For a brief time I felt a little "on the outside" of the intimacy she was enjoying with Him.  But soon I was being called by the Spirit to more intentional times of listening and waiting and quiet and trust and belief--- to the place where now  we are joining together in whatever this is that God is doing.    It is wildly exciting and awakening so much in me...calling me to be courageous and hope-filled. 

Like I said, there are a myriad of patches making up my life right now.  I don't understand how each piece fits together but I don't feel I need to.  I am resting in Him and humbled to be a part of His design.

No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...