Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Proverbs 31:28


It's my birthday!!!!

Our celebration was last evening so today I just enjoyed the memories

This was my start to our evening out...
.My husband scored big point when he brought these home for me.  And what's more?  The roses were cream with just a hint of pink...just like my wedding bouquet 20 years ago.  And he thought of that when he saw them!!!  Even more points!  Flowers steal my heart, so my birthday was "made" when I opened the packaging.

The three of us left to pick up Cam at his apartment and drove to a nearby restaurant for dinner out.
This was Cam's feast...AFTER the appetizer he and Ashley shared.  Sooooooooooo good to see my boy.  I am still missing him so spending time with him was a joy.  I loved hearing about his life...it is so full and exciting and I'm extremely thankful it's HIS life because I couldn't handle the stress.
This was my treat....66 carbs, but I didn't eat the ENTIRE potato.  Almost though:)  Oh, and dare I forget my side caesar to start.  Another  10 carbs.  Like I said...my treat:)

Lots of stories to share...some side-splitting laughter...my children getting along.  Perfect, just absolutely perfect.




"Her children rise up and bless her;
Her husband also, and he praises her..."
Proverbs 31:28

It might appear rather lofty of me to quote this verse, but I share it with utmost gratitude and humility.

Last night I felt blessed...truly blessed by my family.

Not just because we spent time together and they celebrated me and gave me gifts I appreciate and cards filled with words that touch me.  Oh yes, blessed by their tangible acts of love.  But it's more. 

There is this very real sense that that my children bless me.  Despite my imperfections and untold failures as their mother, somehow I am still the recipient of their blessing. 

And my husband?  I can never remember a time when he has not adorned me with blessing and praise. 

And so hear I am, at 47, living... the incredible experience of being a woman of blessing.

Grateful.









 

1 comment:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

Oh, happiest of birthdays to you, Juanita! How beautiful to see you celebrate with your family, and to bask in their blessings. May God continue to lavish His blessings on you for the year to come <3

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...