Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Grateful Heart

It was 44 years ago today
that my Mother was so quickly and painfully
snatched from my young life
 There have been many
April 24th's
which have held overwhelming grief,
and a deep, aching sadness

This one is so different.

We picked our daughter up from university residence
late Monday afternoon
She's living out of boxes
until May 1 
when we move her into a townhouse with friends
in the city which has been her new home
for the past 8 months.

 And I am just drinking in the deep joy
of this concentrated time with her!!!
She has already had almost 14 more years with
her Mama
than I had with mine.

And I'm just so overwhelmingly grateful
for the days and weeks and months and years
 I have had in which to heap on her
all the love my Mama's heart holds

The past 2 days have been full
oh so very full--
just being together
and sharing life--
baking, cooking, sharing meals, packing, errands, lounging
Mmmmm...sigh...I love it!

I'm tired
and I will get even more tired
but this sacrifice of
love and gratitude
flows freely

I would still love to share the moments of my life with my Mother
but that is not to be

But I am ever grateful
that God in His sweet mercy
gave me a baby girl so many years ago

Today I bask in the richness of His
 mother/daughter gift to us.

No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...