"They shall see my Servant beaten and bloodied,
so disfigured one would scarcely know
it was a person standing there.
So shall he cleanse many nations.
But oh, how few believe it!
Who will listen?
To whom will God reveal his saving power?
In God's eyes he was like a tender green shoot,
sprouting from a root in dry and sterile ground.
But in our eyes there was no attractiveness at all,
nothing to make us want him.
We despised him and rejected him--
a man of sorrows, acquainted with bitterest grief.
We turned our backs on him
and looked the other way when he went by.
He was despised and we didn't care."
--Isaiah 52:15, 53:1-4
Such a growing
awful
awe-filled
fullness within me
The more I read His word
the more I grow in wonder
The more I peer into the drama unfolding
the more aware I become
of the incomprehensible depth of His sacrifice
The more I mediate on this
Suffering Servant
the fuller my soul becomes
My words are few
No comments:
Post a Comment