Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Suffering Servant--Isaiah 53:4--6

"Yet it was our grief he bore,
our sorrows that weighed him down.
And we thought his troubles
were a punishment from God,
for his own sins!
But he was wounded and bruised for our sins!
He was chastised that we might have peace;
he was lashed and we were healed!
We are the ones who strayed away like sheep!
We, who left God's paths to follow our own.
Yet God laid on him the guilt and sins
of every one one us!

It really was all about 
me
wasn't it?

Every grief
and sorrow
You bore was
mine

Each wound and bruise
and
tear of the whip
was for me

I did my own thing
I still do

I leave Your path
for my own

But You heap it all on Yourself

The horrid load of my sin-bent ways
was Yours to carry
for me

May my love 
as feeble as it is
make this day
about
You
 



 

No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...