Monday, April 7, 2014

Waiting Again

The unknown
unrest
and questions
continue as themes this Lent

In the earlier days of this journey
"less"
and 
"simple"
seemed paramount
so that I could hear God
and see Him at work

Then suddenly
"grace"
covered me
and I felt almost invigorated by the truth that
"all is grace".

Now
in these remaining days
the
"less"
and 
"simple"
feel ritualisitc
and more about keeping this "law" I made.

And maybe this is okay.
Maybe it's okay to follow this "law"--
listening

Perhaps I am to seek a new focus
or look at it with a different lens--

"What does God still desire to reveal to me through
"less"?
through
"simple"?

But where does

"all is grace"

fit in????

I so need this truth within

And my journeying through Lent has led me here
yet I fail to live this consistently...
the last few days more so again 

I resonate completely with Salina Beasley who pens these honest words--

"I am a recovering Pharisee.
Having spent three decades in 
chapels, sanctuaries, and fellowship halls
of all smells, shapes, and sizes,
only in recent years has it occurred to me
how much of my faith has been based on religious duty
and so little on the Gospel of God's grace...

So how can a recovering Pharisee approach the religious practice of Lent?

Lent to a recovering Pharisee is a 40-day fast to a former anorexic..."

So what am I to do?

I'm unsure

I'm asking Jesus--

"What is the "more" of You that You want me to experience?"

"What is the "extravagance" of the cross You desire to reveal?"

He's a faithful God

I'll wait for Him to speak

 


No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...