Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rainy Wednesday

My daughter called me at promptly 2:50pm.  This is a familiar time-of-day-phone call if she is seeking to twist a ride home from school from her mother.  She knows that I am highly in favor of the 25 minute walk that lies before her, but still she tries to bat those beautiful eyelashes across the phone lines.  Today her ploy was..."Mom...it's going to start raining soon...can you pppllllleeeaaassseee come and pick us up?"(she and a friend)  My loving response, "Well, you better hurry if it's going to rain soon."

I know, I'm such a loving mother.

She was right...it did start sprinkling shortly after.  Eventually the sprinkle seemed to pick up steam, and by the time it became a drenching rain, I figured there was no point in going to retrieve these two girls.  They would already be soaked.  It was to be a good five minutes until they arrived home.  In the meantime I watched out my kitchen window as sheets of driving rain swept across our street.  And my thought was...

Oops.  Perhaps I should have gone in search of them.  But hey...then I would have missed this:

 


But  why would I have wanted to miss this memory???!!!!

Clothes and hair dry.  Laughter is good for the soul.  Such fun on a rainy Wednesday.

No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...