Several days ago, my Lenten devotional asked me to prayerfully read a portion of Psalm 95--
"When your fathers tested Me, they tried Me, though they had seen my work. For forty years I loathed that generation, and I said they are a people who err in their heart, And they do not know My ways. Therefore I swore in My anger, Truly they shall not enter into My rest." (verses 9-11)
There is so much that is challenging and sobering and downright scarey in these few verses, but you can see the words which bolded off the page at me..."And they do not know My ways."
Do I know God's ways??? This is the question that has continued to haunt me.
Do I truly know His ways and do I trust them?
Do I trust Him?
I am one day removed from hearing a heart-stopping story about my young nephew. He is safe and we are incredibly grateful. We have been quick to offer our thanks to God for His merciful protection. We can too easily point to other children and similar situations whose end was unspeakable tragedy.
The question begs to be asked here. "What are His ways?"
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Neither are your ways My ways," declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:8,9
The "fine print" of His ways is not for us to know, but the "bold print"?
The "bold print" emphatically declares that God's ways are sovereign, loving, just, wise, and ultimately trustworthy.
"God may I lean into You to know and trust Your ways...their length and breadth."
No comments:
Post a Comment