"God, often I begin a new week in anticipation of what lies ahead. At times, I have moments of dread because of something which looms not so friendly on the horizon.
But You, Parent Father, are only days away from allowing Your only Son to face cruelty to the extreme, abandonment in fullest measure, pain in wracking intensity, sin's crushing weight.
I fail to grasp even a portion of what lay in store for You.
I fail to fathom Your thoughts on a day like today, Jesus, as crowds of people would have praised, honored and hailed you as King. Yet You knew. You knew that in the end, you would stand alone, with no one, not even your Father to come to Your aid.
For many, the coming days are referred to as "Holy Week". I desire to step into these days with an open spirit, yearning to hear what You want me to hear. To know what You want me to know. To live what You want me to live.
Grant me courage to walk this road with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment