Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Words--A Guide For My Lenten Journey

"We Walk into this into this Lenten journey
with both timidity and courage as our guides...
committing to pray all the prayers we need to pray,
all the prayers we want to pray,
all the prayers we do not yet know
need to be prayed.
We walk into this Lenten journey
because we want to follow You.
so,
breathing in this silence,
trusting in Your way,
lead us,
O Holy One,
toward the import of Your love.
Amen."
--Claire McKeever-Burgett
"Alive Now"

It has begun
this journey of Lent

Words have been given me by God
these past few days
Words to guide me on this Lenten journey

Less and More

Simple and Extravagant

Examen and Freedom

Invitation

Less of what I want
and 
More time spent learning what 
He wants

Simple in how I'm living
yet
reflections on the extravagance of Jesus' sacrifice

A daily Examen Exercise
but the glorious reality of
the freedom Christ bought for me

And all of this
under the umbrella of
His invitation

Oh how attentive I want to be
that I may hear Him
invite me to the paths which will lead me to
a closer walk with Him.

It's what Lent all is about... really
clearing more space
for Jesus

And it's what I'm purposing for these coming days
More
and 
more 
space
for
Him.




No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...