And so ends a summer to remember! I reflect back on all that has unfolded and in the moment, it feels a little like a whirlwind. So much has happened...in such a brief period of time. How telling are the pictures we have to look back on. How lingering are the memories of our celebrations.
We were grateful to share a few moments at Eden this past weekend as a family. Just enough time to get in some wild tubing rides for Ashley and her cousin Rachel and Cam. Sonya and I were more than happy to be the "spotters" in the boat.
 |
| My lovely daughter-in-law |
 |
| The docks being removed by some good sets of muscles. |
 |
| Ready to head home | | | | | | |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Where has the time gone? A question I ask myself often. Yesterday we celebrated Cam's 20th birthday with some family and friends. We laughed and reminisced and enjoyed a bounty of food. We were even privy to one of our guests...a friend of Cam and Sonya's who climbed our tree in the backyard, sprayed a wasp nest and then cut it off the branch. Cam and his cousin Nick "captured" it in a garbage bag. No injuries were reported!!!!! ha,ha
 |
| Thanks for your home-grown flowers Chris!! |
 |
| Lime Chicken and Salsa was Cam's request...look'n good sweetheart! |
 |
| Some fun stories behind the gifts:) |
 |
| You sure are beautiful...trouble...but beautiful:) |
I may have a touch of sadness as summer comes to a close, but I find delight in all of our seasons and as usual, I am anticipating autumn's glowing colors and the beginning of sweater-wearing days.
No comments:
Post a Comment