Thursday, August 30, 2012

So Very Small

"The largest a mother ever is, is just before the swollen birthing, and after that she spends the rest of her life small, so very small."
--Ann Voskamp

These words from Ann's blog so beautifully sum up the stirrings in my heart right now.  I can't say that this smallness I'm experiencing is something negative. 

It just is.

I think because Ashley and I talked about university this afternoon and some of what that means, a swirling of thoughts and emotions have surfaced.  She still has all of Grade 12 to journey through, but part of that journey will have us investigating universities and all that this entails. 

As brief as this conversation was, it was filled with the heart of a young woman eager...no, bursting... to spread her wings as far away from home as she can.

And that has me feeling small...so very small.

But God  in His vast, "bigness" has me safe with Him.

What a restful, secure place for me to dwell.

No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...