It's time to sing your song again
Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes.
Bless the Lord oh my soul Oh my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before Oh my soul
I worship your holy name."
--Matt Redman
10,000 Reasons
These were the words that captured my attention this morning as I was preparing for a new day. They captured partly because I was still rehearsing the difficult events of yesterday and partly because a new gift of 24 hours had been given to me and I so wanted to be blessing the Lord "when the evening comes" again.
Yesterday was like a day out of a fast paced drama and I got caught up in the frenzy and the fear and the unknown. I allowed myself to feel trapped within the circumstances with my limited bird's eye view. I needed God's perspective. I needed to invite Him to settle my soul.
That is what this morning was about...this day that lies ahead. The emptying of that which overwhelmed me yesterday is essential to allow for the filling of a God who desires to, Himself...overwhelm me today.
With His truth, His steadfastness, His sovereignty and yes...His mystery.
The words of Scott Tolhurst in his article, "Hearing the Voice" began to center me--
"The fact that God speaks does not mean that we're granted every answer.
I have questions that God chooses to ignore.
There is information that I want but am denied.
God speaks by His wisdom and will.
We have to allow for mystery...
we are looking for six easy steps...
we are prone to develop procedures
and become confused without them...
take time...
listen with your heart....
open your whole life.
Accept the mystery that God is speaking."
John 6:63 called me forth to life. "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are the Spirit and are life."
"Spirit of God, I need Your life-giving Presence--not answers, not plans, not a 3 step formula, but for You to invade my thoughts and fears and to be Life...your Life that is truth and invasive and calming to this dusty frame(Psalm 103:14) that is mine. "
No comments:
Post a Comment