Saturday, August 6, 2011

I Never Tire...of Eden


This must be a taste of heaven...this Eden-home we have been gifted with. I never tire of our days here.  It's not one thing, but  a host.  Like when I start driving down the last winding stretch of tree-lined road, that leads to our front porch.  Or opening the door to the van and inhaling Eden's air. 

Upon arrival this time, a smothering hug from my sister and her family awaited us.  And I just knew there would be a candle lit in the bathroom.  It's just part of living at Eden.

I longingly wait for these days of living "unplugged".  

No computer, and although a phone, rarely a phone call.  My cell phone activated only to keep in touch with my daughter and how much longer she and her friends will be hanging out at the beach.  I am grateful for technology.  It affords us so many benefits.  But it is a drain on me as well and I struggle with the way in which it nags me at home.  

But not here.  
Here at Eden, I can "hear" the quiet...the serenity. 

I think my family basks in this also.

And then there's the "work" that is actually play.  

I just smile when my Martha Stewart sister comes up with another creative work.  



Someone's throw-away picked off of the side of the road...a few select muscles to wrench out some "hooks", and...voila!!  A place to hang life-jackets, towels, etc.  Now, if only people can manage those few steps to actually hang up their belongings!!!!!  (The clothesline seems to be too far for them...ha,ha)

Eden is about slow mornings and endless scrumptious barbecuing.  It's about flexible meal times and afternoon naps...boat runs with tubes whipping over the waves.  It's about campfires and double buttered stove top popcorn and Chocolate Brownie Indulgence Ice Cream. over at the camp.  Eden is for shopping at the Keady Market...feasting our eyes and then our mouths on fresh produce.


   Eden is about Friends
And Family.

Eden is about watching old VHS movies because it's one of the few places still housing a VCR.  And because of this...it's about watching our Wedding Video from 20 years ago...and laughing and holding hands and remembering and gratefully appreciating His Presence on our journey.

Eden is about beauty...beauty that can sometimes only be more fully realized because we are at this place.






I never tire of Eden...her wealth of abundant beauty and her well of rich gifts is never ceasing. 

Eucharisteo...Eden!!!!



No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...