Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Anticipation

Just two more sleeps until the big day!!!  I can hardly wait...

Friday at 8 a.m. my hubby and I will get into our packed car and begin our road trek to Virginia to celebrate 20 years of marriage.  This week, although too busy for my liking, has also had so many moments of planning and discussing and anticipating our time away together.  Brian has printed off 20 pages of maps/directions and our little pile of things to take is growing here on our family room floor.  I have all the laundry done which leaves me to do all of my packing tomorrow. 

And write out a brief list for our kids.  Being almost 19 and 16, I have not prepared any meals or gone grocery shopping.  They will be on their own to plan a menu(or not) and prepare their meals.  I've basically said that I don't care how the house looks for 6 days, but on the 7th day, I want all the laundry done, dishes washed and away, floors swept and washed.  You get the picture.  MAKE YOUR MAMA HAPPY TO COME HOME!!!  ha,ha

Brian and I have gone away 1 weekend every year since the kids were born, but never this long, or this far away from them.  But I'm ready.  I probably wasn't up to leaving them even last year, but this year my Mama's heart is at peace.

Truthfully...I feel as though I am waiting with baited breath for Friday morning!!  It's not only about going away together, but spending time in a part of the country we've never been and exploring it hand in hand.   I look forward to waking up together with entire days stretching out before us...just for us.  Dining in unique restaurants, golfing at prestigious courses(Brian) and shopping at never-before-seen Scrap booking stores (Juanita) are on our list of "can't wait to do".  Brian found a "Mercy Me" and "Rebecca St. James's" concert on line about 30 minutes from our resort one of the evenings we're there.  Sounds fabulous!!  Hiking and picturesque mountains and  oh so much more to revel in once we actually get nestled into our home away from home. 

Sigh.  Just two more sleeps.  Which is more than fine, because I could really benefit from some good zzzzzz's.  :)








No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...