Thursday, July 28, 2011

July 27, 1991-2011 " Walking Through Life Together"


"I had no idea it would be this hard--
     To serve you, especially when I don't feel like it
     To say, 'I'm sorry', when I think you should say it first
     To appreciate our differences when they seem to be pulling us apart
     To work through a conflict day after day after day..until we find a solution
     To tell you what I need, when I think it should be obvious
     To care for you, encourage and support you, when I am busy, tired and empty
I had no idea it would be this hard, but I always hoped it would be this good--
     To have actually found someone that I feel totally safe with
     To tackle a problem and emerge on the other side--closer than before
     To laugh with you, dream with you, enjoy you
     To be thankful for our oneness, yet value our individuality
    To walk with Christ...together, and marvel at how he works in us
    To be there for you as you are for me...in everything
I had no idea it would be this hard, but I always hoped it would be this good...
To spend my life with you."
--May 1998
Juanita

Eucharisteo, gratitude, blessed, content, privileged, deepest thanksgiving.  All words to describe how I feel on this "moment" of a day.  Twenty years is a long time and yet how those days and months quickly add up to years is still something of a surprise.  And so here we are...my husband and I celebrating twenty years of oneness, of a love that blossomed from those early years of learning how to love, to something deep and strong and rich and beautiful.
Happy Anniversary Sweetheart...there is no one I would rather journey through life with than you.  Your love for me...a Christ-like love is my treasured gift.  I love you.
Juanita

2 comments:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

Twenty years! What a beautiful thing to celebrate :) Praying many blessings on you both, and so grateful for the example you've set of faithful devotion to each other.

Brian said...

My dear wife. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. Hard but really, really good!!! We have something so special! An awesome gift from God. Thank you for all your love, patience and service in making our marriage the best it can be.
I love you!! Brian

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...