Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One More Sleep

I'm a firm believer that one is never too old to count down the "sleeps" prior to something momentous...such as my "men" coming home!!!

Not more than 30 minutes ago I was talking with Brian who was standing about 100 feet from the ocean, the breeze warm against his face.  The team has arrived at the resort where they will spend their last night.  But they did not arrive without...you guessed it...an adventure!!!

This Haiti Team is so star-studded that the new President of Haiti chose their route to the resort as his personal parade route.  Yep...the streets were jammed with people and police on this "Flag Day" (holiday) to honor the new President.  So the team was stopped in traffic by the police to allow for the President's vehicle, flanked by police to go speeding by.  With black-tinted windows, they never even saw him.  But they were there!!!

And now they are settling into this place of calm, planning to swim in the ocean this evening, enjoy a late supper(lunch was at 4 pm) and probably play a mean game of Euchre.

Tomorrow they board a 2:15 pm flight to Miami and then eventually fly into Toronto around 11:30 pm.  I expect my "men" home in the early morning hours of Friday.

I'll inform you of their safe arrival sometime on Friday.

Pray for journey mercies.

No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...