Store decorations are coming down, the baking supply is dwindling, and I have waited in the customer service line(a short one) with a return. All signs that Christmas is over.
But treasured family times and memories are on short recall.
My dear daughter who got up at 7 a.m. Christmas morning to bake Jesus' birthday cake. She was resting on the couch as it baked in the oven and the rest of us slept!
Cam set to put yummy pork chops on the BBQ for our Christmas dinner.
Ashley modeling her Aunt Tania's crocheted gift of hat, scarf and fingerless mitts.
My kids...who are actually getting along this Christmas!!! Harmony in the home is a lovely gift.
Cam's very first baking with yeast endeavour. They were mouthwatering amazing!
It is the norm for me to often experience somewhat of a letdown once the big day has come and gone. But this year has been different. This year I am more aware of that which continues on. The One who is at the center of the season, is still at the center of my life. The mind boggling story of perfect Love come to earth is not just a story for Christmas. It is the Never Ending Story, and I'm wrapped up in this reality. The story is not over; Jesus has not disappeared with the rest of Christmas. He continues to pen His story in my life and to write the pages of His story throughout this broken world. And with a new year just around the corner, I am reveling in this timeless gift. I need this never ending gift.
So to all of you who thought it was all over, it's not!!!
Merry Christmas...forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment