Thursday, April 23, 2020

Pure Grace


 The following are two excerpts from my Spiritual Autobiography--


"On April 23, 1975 Charmaine Janelle came into this world; a gift of pure grace.  Charmaine was born five years less a day after my mother was killed.  For as long as I can remember, the gift of her life has felt like God’s way of tangibly saying, “I am giving you a living breathing expression of beauty and joy and exuberance.  Every year before the calendar reaches the anniversary of your mother’s death, you will step into the day which marks your sister’s birth and you will celebrate My gift of grace to you.”



"I believe Charmaine’s life, over the years, has been like a loosely tied ribbon around our blended family.  She has not held us together per se, but her life has and does weave our familial ties together in ways which I doubt would be there otherwise.

"I live with gratitude for God's gracious gift of her life.  She is pure grace to me." 

Happy Birthday to my gift of "pure grace".




No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...