Saturday, May 12, 2018

The Interweaving that is Mother's Day

It's been soooo long since I have posted and I very much miss putting words on a page.  Even in this moment, as much as I desire to share my thoughts, the generous amount of time that this would require is not available today.  But my longtime and dear friend and pastor Ruth Anne, has written so beautifully about the vast amount of interweaving that is Mother's Day.  Her words aptly describe the ways in which the bitter and the sweet, the fullness and the emptiness, the celebration and the sadness are interwoven throughout this set-apart day.

I feel such interweaving in my own life.

I am a motherless daughter, a step-daughter a Mama and a Mama-in-law.
Within my spirit I carry a great deal:
...a longing for my long-missed mother,
...a gratitude for a devoted stepmom,
...a "grace of God" healing for all that has unfolded in my life
...and a deep and full joy in being a Mama and Mama-in-law.
 It all intertwines.

How beautiful that someone has printed words which echo my own heart.

For all the Moms


No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...