Monday, September 1, 2014

Summer's Finale--Family

I cannot think of a more satisfying
last fling of summer 
than to be with my family
Restful,satisfying, rich, memorable

Side by side
with the one I love
this man I promised my love to
23 years ago
He still makes my heart beat faster:)

Looking on with love and gratitude
on this
purposeful and holy covenant of love

Enjoying our postlude farewell
to a summer of
jeweled relationship
amidst the rough stones of life

Ours is not a perfect family:)



We have made mistakes
hurt each other
stumbled through oh-so-hard-seasons
and still live with scars

But we love each other
and we are healing

Being away together was another 
open book opportunity
to write new pages
in the life of our family

Eucharisteo!

No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...