lie quiet and safe
Speaking them aloud
brings them
to life
Speaking them aloud
to Ingrid
my Spiritual Director
makes them
"dangerous"
I say this tongue in cheek
because Ingrid is
so very gentle and gracious
but
there is something very powerful
about giving voice to things of my heart
of inviting someone into that place
to speak words of wisdom and direction
of inviting someone into that place
to speak words of wisdom and direction
I shared with Ingrid yesterday of a realization
I came to last year
during my trip to New York City
In the midst of the richness of
our time in Winnipeg this summer
this realization became that much stronger
"I've been missing out on adventure"
This paralyzing fear of flying I have had for 20 plus years
has kept me grounded
and
"I've been missing out on adventure"
Last year that began to change
when God seemed to say--
"It's time"
The stranglehold of fear
was gone
enough to at least step on a plane
and so here I am
aware that I have missed out on so much adventure
Do I regret this?
Not in a crippling kind of way
I can't erase the past
That often used phrase--
"it is what it is"
resonates with me
Paul chose to forget what was in the past
and to reach for what lay ahead
to press on to the goal
for the prize
of the call of Jesus on his life
Philippians 3:13,14
That was essentially Ingrid's challenge for me--
to intentionally pray this prayer--
"What adventure would You have for me
that I would never consider?"
This is my "pressing on" prayer
This is my heartfelt invitation for Jesus
to lead me
into an adventure only He
would design
Driving away from Ingrid's home
this song began playing on the radio
It became my anthem of thanksgiving
for the beautiful ways in which
His love so purposefully comes to find me
It was my song of surrender--
the offering of my life
as praise to Him
"Multiplied"
"Your love is like radiant diamonds
Bursting inside us we cannot contain
Your love will surely come find us
Like blazing wild fires singing Your name
God of mercy sweet love of mine
I have surrendered to Your design
May this offering stretch across the skies
And these Hallelujahs be multiplied
Need to Breathe
This paralyzing fear of flying I have had for 20 plus years
has kept me grounded
and
"I've been missing out on adventure"
Last year that began to change
when God seemed to say--
"It's time"
The stranglehold of fear
was gone
enough to at least step on a plane
and so here I am
aware that I have missed out on so much adventure
Do I regret this?
Not in a crippling kind of way
I can't erase the past
That often used phrase--
"it is what it is"
resonates with me
Paul chose to forget what was in the past
and to reach for what lay ahead
to press on to the goal
for the prize
of the call of Jesus on his life
Philippians 3:13,14
That was essentially Ingrid's challenge for me--
to intentionally pray this prayer--
"What adventure would You have for me
that I would never consider?"
This is my "pressing on" prayer
This is my heartfelt invitation for Jesus
to lead me
into an adventure only He
would design
Driving away from Ingrid's home
this song began playing on the radio
It became my anthem of thanksgiving
for the beautiful ways in which
His love so purposefully comes to find me
It was my song of surrender--
the offering of my life
as praise to Him
"Multiplied"
"Your love is like radiant diamonds
Bursting inside us we cannot contain
Your love will surely come find us
Like blazing wild fires singing Your name
God of mercy sweet love of mine
I have surrendered to Your design
May this offering stretch across the skies
And these Hallelujahs be multiplied
Need to Breathe
No comments:
Post a Comment