So much for my soul this Advent season...
The waiting,
the anticipation,
the longing
for what God has for me
is finally here.
The desire to sit at His feet
came early
too early if you noticed.
I pushed into Advent
seven days early,
as shared in my recent post
"Advent's Awakening".
Without lifting the calender page
I expected only 3 Sunday's before Christmas
in December,
but no,
there are 4.
And so I began reading "old" Advent devotionals
over a week ago!!
Eager, yes:)
But yesterday
I opened my new book for the season
on schedule...
Ann Voskamp's
"The Greatest Gift"
Oh so rich and full
"...the heart that makes time and space for Him to come
will be a glorious place."
"Advent, it is made of moments.
This slow unfurling of grace."
Ann Voskamp
It was a couple of months ago that my Spiritual Director
made this statement--
"Maybe you will decide not to help anyone during Advent Season
and just focus on God."
In the moment
and even still
that sounded so selfish
and so impossibly possible!!!!
To "just" sit with God
in December
and shut out this
torn,
broken,
pain-ridden
world????!!!!!!!
I have prayed and listened for God's invitation
to
whatever He was calling me to.
And though He hasn't invited me to
a place at His feet
for the entire month,
He most assuredly
has invited me to long and leisurely
times in His Presence
And there is so much...
oh so much!!!
2 comments:
I'll be reading through Ann's book as well! I've joined a Facebook informal book club, and am looking forward to setting aside the time each day to reflect (a habit sorely missing from my regular routines). Looking forward to reading along with you, so to speak :)
That's neat Kristyn!!!!
Post a Comment