She extended an invitation to anyone interested in joining her in writing prayers for the season of Lent. Beginning on Ash Wednesday, February 13, she has sent myself and others email prompts for prayer-writing. I wasn't sure how this would unfold for me as I tend to self edit profusely. These prayers, however, are to be spontaneous, from the heart expressions to God without the need or desire to edit.
This is growing into a meaningful Lenten discipline for me.
Today the scripture to reflect on and prompt our prayers is from the Psalms.
"Before the mountains were brought forth,
or ever you had formed the earth and the world,
from everlasting to everlasting you are God"
--Psalm 90:2
Prayer for Today
Time cannot hem you in
Eternal One
This both comforts me in intimate ways
and races beyond anything my mind can comprehend
Jesus Christ, Son of God
the same
yesterday, today, yes and forever
How stabilizing is this truth
in the midst of the day to day happenings in my life
Search as I do
for surety
in so many earthy places
You keep drawing me back
to You
my everlasting to everlasting God
I want to stay
No comments:
Post a Comment