Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Growing Ever So Slowly

"People who are in an active growth process can expect to change.
Sometimes it seems as though they shed their old skin,
almost becoming different people,
or perhaps they just become more profoundly themselves to shine.
They give up control and find in themselves new flexibility.
They may discover their strength, resiliency, or artistry.
They give up singing old dirges and risk living in a new key."
--Tilda Norberg
"Gathered Together"

Oh how I long to shed my old skin.

This uncluttering of my soul is such a slow process.  It is happening, and I relish those moments when I am so completely at home in God's presence without a care or agenda.  But it seems a snail's pace so often.  One step forward and two steps back it feels.


So be it.  This is the nature of the human heart and certainly the way of mine.  However halting the pace may be, I'm grateful to be walking this pathway home to Him.

No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...