Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Giving and Opening

"All Of Lent is a lesson in giving up pieces of ourselves...The closer we wish to come to God, the more of our carefully constructed selves we must relinquish.  We have to give up our illusions, our defenses, any selfish personal goals, our carefully designed sense of who we are supposed to be and what we are supposed to do.  This sounds terrible, and it can be painful.  However, as we give up these areas, we open ourselves, and God enters more fully."
--Sarah Parsons
"A Clearing Season:  Reflections for Lent"

I read these words last evening, pondering them and asking Him what I might need to give up so that I may open more to His fullness.

This morning I sat with my Spiritual Director listening as she gently guided me to uncharted territory.  I listened quietly, but with a heart beating faster with the words she spoke.

My spirit is calm this evening as I reflect on the God-stirrings within.  There is little clarity in the path ahead and no call to make haste.  God is never in a rush.  Have you noticed that also? 

It's the opening I have made for Him--that He may have His way with me.  This was His desire, I am sure.

"Enter in my God, enter in."

No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...