Monday, June 15, 2020

A Prayer of Desire

"Elohim, Creator God, 
El Elyon, God most high...
I am but a speck on this vast planet
yet created by You
for Your plans and purposes.
Seal my lips when I complain
that I am weak and frail,
timid and afraid.
Remind me You are the perfect designer and
I have been created to glorify You.
Tell me again of Your gracious gift of
salvation and redemption.
Instill in me that all my past
and all my present
is constantly being
redeemed.
Oh my I choose contentment in my circumstances
and
acceptance in Your design of me.
May I hear You sing over me
May I trust that weakness displays your power
May I believe that I give You pleasure
that You know my name,
that I am precious
and honored
and loved by You--
as I am.
May I trust that however long
or brief
this season of emotional toil is,
You
are
good
and have plans and purposes.
May I be comforted by the knowledge
that I am safe with You."

No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...