Thursday, August 22, 2019

Oh beloved Scotland


"What shall I render to the LORD
For all His benefits toward me?"
--Psalm 116:12

These words came to mind so often as my family and I traveled throughout the beautiful country of Scotland.  To be transported from my world of anxiety and stress and doubt about how I would fare on a trip of this scale, to what seemed like another world still seems incomprehensible.  I know there is much I could unpack here but I won't.  Instead I will plunge into a pictorial tribute to my Creator who fashioned such a beautiful country and my Shepherd who spoke to me through the wonder of it all.
The Lord IS my Shepherd         Psalm 23
 



My four loves (baby makes four)
Cam is down there!




















Steall Waterfall, Fort William
Ashley climbing Old Man of Storr




Beautiful Portree
Swimming in the Fairy Pools
A windy day!!!!!!!



 Urquart Castle
We left the guys to climb the Cairngorm!
"Heather"




One of the greenhouses at Balmoral Castle
Mmmmm the scent of lavender
I restrained from adding the other 20 pics I have of flowers!!!
Balmoral Castle
St. Andrew's by the sea
Spent lots of time with my girl before she left on her 2 1/2 month European travels
A happy moment for this golfer!!!!
Madras Women's College (High school)--Brian's Mom



Brian's cousin Anne and husband Bill (Dundee)

Brian's father's home for first three years of life.
First apartment/home of Brian's parents




Edinburgh Castle


The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo

Front and Centre--Brian's brother Graeme--Pipe Band Major for the RCMP band in Ottawa--playing in the Tattoo which we took  in on our last night.  A perfect Grand Finale!!!



"What shall I render to the LORD for all of his benefits toward me?"
Psalm 116:12

No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...