Monday, April 13, 2015

Choosing Contentment

Choosing contentment seems to be one of those reoccurring themes in life.  At least for me anyway.  Yesterday I transplanted a too-small-for-the pot-plant and it just seemed to give me and my living room a boost  Today I pasted my blog design with hues of green.  They speak of fresh and newness and the creeping arrival of spring.  These simple tweaks don't change the landscape of daily life but they do make my spirit smile a little. 

An air of discontent began its slow decent several days ago.  The realization that the snail's pace of recovery I am experiencing is not going to allow for gardening this spring is sinking in.  Thankfully, I decided months ago to downsize my planting of flowers.  I expect I will be able to sit on my porch and fill a few containers with soil and and blooms, but anything beyond that is out of the question.  And so before I get too far down this road of discontent, I'm stopping myself, or rather the Spirit is stopping me and pointing me back towards a restful acceptance of life as it has come to me.

Tonight I will spend a good portion of the evening reading and praying and hearing God remind me that He is trustworthy and kind and that all that He has brought into my life-- or allowed in my life, is in His safekeeping.  I will place open hands and heart before Him, giving Him my desires and frustrations and disappointment, knowing that He is good.

And I will rest in His Presence and enjoy the comfort and care He provides for each season of life.



No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...