Soon...
this is where I will be...
my beloved Eden
Memories of the tranquility of cottage life
stir me
make me long for this place of respite
Yet I know that this haven of serenity
does not magically give my soul rest
I have spent many a day with insides churning
a mind so noisy that it seems to drown out
the quiet of a rippling lake
This morning
God called me to rest
Not
10 days from now
once we've unloaded our car
into our home away from home
but
now.
Again and again
He speaks His words into my tiredness
And I am slow to take to heart
so He gently repeats Himself--
"Come to Me
and I will give you rest--
all you who work so hard beneath a heavy yoke.
Wear my yoke--
for it fits perfectly--
and let me teach you;
for I am gentle and humble,
and you will find rest for your souls;
for I give you only light burdens."
Matthew 11:28-30
There is so much for me to unpack
in those verses!!
Isaiah 30:15 continues to be a familiar theme as well--
"For thus says the Lord God,
the Holy One of Israel has said,
'In repentance and rest
you shall be saved,
In quietness and trust
is your strength."
There are a wealth of truths for me to mediate on
in just this one verse.
God knows I need to rest--
on so many levels
and getting to that place
involves
repentance
quietness
trust
He has invited
me
to
come
to
Him
How beautiful
that the Holy One
has created this space
for me to feel my need for rest
my need for Him
No comments:
Post a Comment