Thursday, January 30, 2014

Reign in Me

He's just so far beyond my 
comprehension!
The distance between us,
though intimate
in relationship,
is immeasurably  vast

I suppose that it has been my 
finite
human ways
which have sought to trap
God in a box

This innate
"need"
to understand Him,
to be able to explain His actions
to crave a place of comfort
in the face of
His judgements 

All of this
has prevented me from seeing
all of Him

But that's changing!

As I delve into His character
I see a God
who is
incomparable
invisible
inscrutable
unchangeable
unequaled
unsearchable
infinite

That's where I ended today...
infinite

Solomon, in 1 Kings 8:27 reminds me of this--
"But will God indeed dwell on the earth?
Behold, heaven
and the highest heaven cannot contain Thee,
how much less this house which I have build!"

Baker's Commentary points me to this beautiful reality--
"Solomon has built the temple,
it remains for the infinite Lord,
whose existence is beyond comprehension, 
to choose to dwell in it
among a finite needy people."

This God
of mind blowing character
chooses,
not just to live among us,
but to live
within
us.

He lives
within 
finite,
needy
me.

I'm beyond grateful
that He lives
in me

But I desire more...

I want Him to
reign
in
me

Oh to rid my life
of this box I've had God in
and allow Him
free reign
in my life!

The corners have split open
the sides have been pulled apart
and I am beholding
Him!

Humbled.






No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...