"The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime
and His song will be with me in the night.
A prayer to the God of my life."
--Psalm 42:8
This beloved verse of mine
now reads as
my verse for the coming year.
Really I came across several to choose from
to encompass what I believe God is calling me to
in 2014--
that's the beauty of God's Word--
it's wealth of life-giving truths!
Still I've always found this verse to cover all of life...
each 24 hour day is
overwhelmed with God's lovingkindness--
He commands it!!!
And my slumber is filled with His lullabies.
He IS
the God of my life.
Yet the truth is...
I often lose sight of Him
as the dailyness of life unfolds.
And neither God
nor I
are content with this.
Not that God is hounding me
but rather
continuously drawing me back from the "cares" of life
to refocus on Him
How I long for this too--
a steady gaze into my Father's face.
Sigh.
How differently I would walk through the
upheaval,
stresses,
untimely news,
conflict,
disappointment,
struggles,
if I had my soul turned to Him
always.
Which is why I hear Him inviting me to
reframe life
Reframe it in the way He had begun teaching me
prior to Christmas
Reframing it by living TRUE
to this statement --
"Life will be good
as long as I have my Jesus"
Over and over again I see my dependence
on life's circumstances
to make life good
And just as often
I am left
reeling from whatever it was
that threw me off balance
All because my focus was askew
So I suppose in some ways
there is a simplicity to His invitation--
Look to ME child
And that I find beautiful and freeing and rich
The hard part is knowing
my broken way of living
and how easily the eyes of my soul
fall away
But I keep hearing His life-giving invitation
and it's just so welcoming...
I can't ignore it...
I gratefully accept
No comments:
Post a Comment