Tuesday, November 12, 2013

This year...

"This year needs Advent;
needs a keeping space
Of silence and of darkness nearing down,
Someplace where all that can be still is stilled...
Where there is less of me and more of grace.
There in the waiting moments you have willed
Lies healing for an often-wounded soul,
The deep recovery of who I am
Where every whispered longing to be whole I ever breathed
is finally fulfilled."
--Jennifer Lynn Woodruff

This year
I need Advent...
a keeping space

This year
already for several weeks now
I am preparing
for this keeping space

I anticipate 
all that He is inviting me to
this Christmas season

I welcome
what I am 
here and now
growing into


No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...