Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Becoming Myself

This is the title for stasi eldredge's latest book--
"Becoming Myself--Embracing God's dream of you"

I delved into it Sunday evening and already
my spirit has been awakened.
I wrote on page 22...
"Oh my!  I love this."

She was quoting a friend, but this is what was said,
"What if
change is actually just Me(God) 
unveiling who you really are?"

Oh my!!!
Really??!!!
As in,
all this stripping of my graveclothes
and dismantling of my false self
and understanding 
these ways of pain in me
is not my doing...
but His??!!!!

Oh sure,
I know Christ is the one completing what He started in me
I know that really, it is the Holy Spirit growing my soul
I know this....
don't I????

I do
but I don't.

And I guess the above words
somehow change my focus...
from 
me
to 
Him.

Where it should be anyway.

But when I'm the one laden with graveclothes,
it does feel as though
it's my work,
my job
to strip away 
the mess I've made of myself.


2 Corinthians 3:18
reminds me--
"But we as Christians have no veil over our faces;
we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord.
And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us,
we become more and more
like Him."  LB

And Paul again,
in 1 Thessalonians 5:23,24
badgers my soul--
"Now may the God of peace Himself
sanctify you entirely,
and may your spirit
and soul
and body
be preserved complete,
without blame
at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Faithful is He who calls you,
and He also
will bring it to pass."

Oh my!
I love this:)

No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...