It was just one word
not new
not flamboyant
but so life changing
for my soul to take in.
It's dismantling
the many other words
that have cloaked my spirit--
discipline
work
regimen
to-do list
schedule
must
should
have-to.
This is how I've lived my life
physical life
emotional life
mental life
spiritual life.
And yet a part of me
a large part of me
hasn't fully lived
certainly not lived with
freedom
and
abandon.
But that's all changing.
Because if I look at all of life through the lens of
invitation...
the view is so very different.
And when I participate with God
in an ongoing conversation
we discern together
how my day will unfold.
"God...are You inviting me to take on this task?"
"God...is this an invitation to rest?"
"God...grant me endurance to live out Your invitation to
take care of my health."
"God...I don't know if You are inviting me to sacrifice
or not...
thank You for Your faithful love
regardless of my choice."
Oh the freedom this word affords!!!
I can say "no"!!
I can respond to His invitation
in many ways
and I am loved no matter what!!!
The power of this one word
invitation
is slowly opening the door to
living free.
Day after day
it is becoming more and more natural
to approach
all of life
with the guidance of
Him
and
this single
solitary
soul-awakening
word.
"God...are You inviting me to take on this task?"
"God...is this an invitation to rest?"
"God...grant me endurance to live out Your invitation to
take care of my health."
"God...I don't know if You are inviting me to sacrifice
or not...
thank You for Your faithful love
regardless of my choice."
Oh the freedom this word affords!!!
I can say "no"!!
I can respond to His invitation
in many ways
and I am loved no matter what!!!
The power of this one word
invitation
is slowly opening the door to
living free.
Day after day
it is becoming more and more natural
to approach
all of life
with the guidance of
Him
and
this single
solitary
soul-awakening
word.
No comments:
Post a Comment