Thursday, October 3, 2013

Being Lazy with God

These are the only words I remember today
of the prayer prayed over me
by my Spiritual Director.

Her prayer was so gentle and beautiful
that I wish I could recall each word expressed,
but when this trio of words slipped off of her lips
I think I almost gasped, 
forgetting everything else
focused on this thought alone.

To be "lazy with God"???!!!!

Oh to be that free!

To be rid of
should's 
and 
ought's
 and 
have-to's
and 
must's...
Can I even imagine such a life?!

Imagine???!!!!

No, tonight I'm starting to live it.
I'm beginning to hear God's invitation
to live free with Him
He's beckoning me in such a 
quiet, powerful way.

And I'm saying
yes....
oh yes!!!!!

Time to move from blogging
and lounge elsewhere
with God:)




No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...