Monday, September 16, 2013

Prayer

I think if we are all honest
we have at least one or two
relentless prayers
that are taking far too long to be answered
with a "yes".
The waiting stretches into one tomorrow after another.
It's a soul-kind-of-laborious waiting...
 discouraging.
But I keep praying.
Sometimes I pray boldly,
with great anticipation
for what I am convinced one day
my eyes will behold.
Sometimes I pray desperately...
"Oh God...please...I beg you..."
And sometimes
like last evening
I pray humbly
for I am aware once again
of the vast chasm between
my ways
and His ways
my thoughts
and His thoughts

Janet Thompson was reminded of this in 
Tiegreen's, "One Year Walk with God" devotional.  
It was a discussion of Isaiah 50:2
"Was my arm too short to ransom you?
Do I lack the strength to rescue you?"
"The comment was, 'If you've ever maintained hope
when problems were solvable and then given up hope
when they are not, 
you have forgotten the God of the impossible.
Your situation does not scare Him.
He is not desperately trying to figure it out.
He takes great pleasure in bursting into an impossible situation
with an answer no one had ever thought of...
He looks for faith so that when He bursts in,
He will be recognized.
It must be genuine faith, 
persistent faith,
 and bold faith."

I want to have that kind of faith
the kind the recognizes Him
when He bursts in!

"Pray in the Spirit 
at all times
and on every occasion.
Stay alert
and be persistent in your prayers."
--Ephesians 6:18 NLT 
 

No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...