Surreal
Mezmerizing
Fascinating
Amazing Adventure
These are the words I have been using to describe the 5 days Brian and I spent in New York City
last week.
Getting there was a monumental step for me as I have not been on a plane in 22 years.
Being suspended (somehow) 30,000 feet above solid ground is not my idea of fun.
But with Vineyard Worship streaming from my ipod
some lovely medication:)
and only an hour flight
I not only managed to get through it,
I will do it again in the future.
Brian had a conference for 2 of the days, but we went a a day and a half prior and stayed an extra night.
We shared some of the conference highlights together in terms of our evening meals
and time on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange.
Some...of my Gratitude List...
**luxury bathrobes in hotel room
**Waldorf Chicken Salad
**walking down Broadway
**Time Square
**walking the streets of NY with my hubby and an umbrella
**still getting wet:)
**Sunset over Hudson River on Floor 38
**the many people who prayed for me for the flight
**deepest gratitude for the simple beauty of my home while living in opulence
**hop on/hop off bus tours--the only way to see NY
**Century 21 Shopping and great bargains
**Ferry Boat Ride and Statue of Liberty
**lots of walking exercise
**Sea Grill Restaurant and a Sea Bass Dinner
**getting away from it all
**still being able to eat healthy
**sleeping in til 7:50
| Freedom Tower |
**the fascination of this city
**metro bracelet gift from conference organizers
**rooftop gardens and Empire State Building view
**bandaids for my blistered toes
**a bite of NY cheesecake
**NY Stock Exchange Tour
**thankful for the quiet city I live in
**create-your-own -salad cafe's
**people watching
**a holiday from cooking, cleaning, errands, a to-do list, emails, texting making the bed, laundry
**seeing "Wicked"!!
**3 seconds for our doorman to hail a taxi
**going home today
**fast, smooth, airport transitions
No comments:
Post a Comment