I have struggled to keep perspective and been sadly losing that fight.
I have sought to keep God in focus but my vision so blurred.
I have endeavored not to worry and no sooner have I reorganized my thoughts than the churning within reappears.
And that "keeping space" I so purposefully plan into my days, has been far too small these past 24 hours.
But I love how God's Word can cover me like a blanket...how it appears fresh and timely in the midst of all I am wading through.
It's the words of Zacharias' Prophecy introducing John in Luke 1:76-78a which capture my thoughts--
"And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Most High;
For you will go on before the Lord to prepare His ways;
To give His people the knowledge of salvation
By the forgiveness of their sins,
Because of the tender mercy of our God..."
Can there be a more calming truth for my turmoil? My sin seems ever before me and how discouraging it is to wage this battle against self. Yet Luke reminds me of the unfolding purpose of Christ's coming...the very event we are anticipating this Advent season.
Salvation, forgiveness and the "tender mercy of my God" ...how lavish a gift.
Rest oh weary soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment