Tuesday, January 1, 2013

God of the impossible--

The days before me lie waiting--fresh as new fallen snow
Mystery colors the pages of the unknown
Expectation of the plans You have for me spur me to turn to another calender year
Still..the stains which linger from days past creep into my hopes and accentuate my fears

I invite You--God of the impossible
to walk ahead of me
     alongside
          behind
Encircling all of me

May I be as Mary--
a willing servant to the impossibilities You can fashion through me

May I have faith which moves beyond Sarah's--
believing there is nothing beyond the power that is in You

And may I praise as Jeremiah--
Your "great power...Your outstretched arm",
claiming "nothing is too difficult for You."

This is my prayer
     my earnest plea
For the glory and honor and worship
of You alone
Amen.

Verse for 2013
"Nothing will be impossible with God."  Luke 1:37


No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...