Friday, June 24, 2011

Turning a Corner

I seem to have turned a corner.  The dark clouds have moved on and the sun is shining again and I am so grateful.  Eucharisteo!  Filling that prescription has made all the difference in my emotional health.  Can I say Eucharisteo for medications and drug plans and wise doctors!! 

With the emergence of summer comes the end of a school year and another corner having been navigated by my daughter.  Grade 10 is mostly behind her, although she still has an exam to write on Monday.  Once it is finished, she will be running full tilt into two glorious months of summer.  That's all I've been hearing from her for the past month and a half..."I can't wait until summer!!!!"  It does my heart good to see her excitement as she plans with friends how they will spend the coming days. 

Cam turned a corner a month ago.  He is already 4 weeks into his summer job working at an Organic Farm.  And might I add that the term "working" is perhaps an understatement.  Spending all day hoeing in the fields, especially on some of these hot days, is grueling.  Not to mention the fact that he bikes to his job which takes him 40 minutes each way.  It's a long back-breaking day for him.  I've been giving him back massages quite regularly this week.  I don't even have to dig my fingers in too hard, for me to hear groans and gasps of pain.  Poor guy.  But he loves it!  He loves the physical exertion of biking as well as working in the fields.  However, he does admit to having dreams...nightmares perhaps, about never ending rows of carrots and broccoli, all needing to be hoed.  Ha,ha

There is much to anticipate over the coming months.  Weddings to celebrate, time to spend at Eden, and my ultimate upcoming highlight is a week in Virginia with my wedded husband celebrating our 20th Anniversary. We are both expectantly waiting for another memorable "honeymoon."   (My daughter is impatiently waiting for us to be gone as well...hmmmm.)

One thing is certain...these two months will fly by us, if we don't savor as many moments as possible, both here at home and away.

Must go now and savor the next moment.

1 comment:

Mama Squirrel said...

20 for you? Us too!

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...