Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Grace Days

"There are no more good days or bad days; only grace days. Some days God's grace allows you to ENJOY the day and some days God's grace enables you to ENDURE the day"
--Jacqueline Williams


These words, penned by my Spiritual Director are resonating in my soul today.  It's another day of enduring, but somehow the above truth takes the pressure off of being unable to enjoy.  And I am so not-in-need of pressure or guilt as these enduring days string together.

What I am is grateful.

Grateful that God's grace enables me to press through the minutes and hours of this day.

It's a beautiful, God-filled grace day.

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for sharing. I love that the Apostle Paul ... the man of God that he was for he learned to be content. LEARNED - I bet he had to learn other things too. For there was a time (during ministry), he had despaired of life; in other words, he felt like he wanted to die.

"For we do not want you to be unaware brethren of our affliction which came to us in Asia, that we were burdened excessively, beyond our strength, that we despaired of live" 2 Corinthians 1:8

May you know AND feel His peace and joy today!

Thanks for the post Juanita!

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...