On June 28, we celebrated our son's Graduation from Highschool, with a backyard BBQ and a host of family and friends.
I had planned on taking a panorama of pictures, but had not accounted for my high calling "gopher" role to get in the way. I seemed to be always "going for something" in the way of food. Oh well, it was also a joy to serve my son and our guests. My highlight was watching my son enjoy the evening...he's awesome at "working the crowd".
This infamous "gift" was from his uncle...two bags of "Bullshit". Literally:) He thought it would be amazing fertilizer for Cam's garden NEXT year.
On Tuesday June 29, we celebrated our daughter's 15th birthday. She is growing into such a beautiful young woman.
Her cousin, Rach and her are like" two peas in a pod"..."double the trouble", etc. There is never a dull moment when they are together.
We left on Canada Day for "Eden"...our cottage. Other than the first night of fireworks where we cowered under our hoodies and wrapped blankets around us, it was hot. Hot, hot, hot. Good friends, scrumptious food, beach walks, flowers, sunsets, inspiring books, and sleeping in, are part of what made for a lovely week at Eden. Oh...and did I mention sunsets? Why do we take endless pictures of sunsets? Captivating, brilliant...and somehow so incredibly unique..each one.
On Sunday July 11, we celebrated my Dad's 70th birthday. It wasn't a "complete" party, as my sister and her partner, who live a great distance, was not able to join us. One of my other sister's hosted our clan for an overnight and then the festivities the following day. I had a simply fabulous time. I think we all did!
Here's my Dad!!! And a yummy Black Forest Cake.
My crazy brother-in-law who thought he would see how my niece's size 2 t-shirt would fit. I'm not sure that it will ever look the same on Rach!
The latest edition to our family...sweet Emmy, whose adoption is now complete. How blessed we all are to enjoy the gift of her life.
My Dad and Stepmom.
Mama...and her "for keeps" daughter :)
What we did for a day and a half!
I feel very blessed to have been a part of celebrating moments in life.
1 comment:
Indeed the last few weeks have been full to the brim of celebrating! As tiring as it is to plan this stuff, it is so important...to celebrate. To come together as family and friends and reflect on what has been and what is to come. I find it bittersweet actually, that celebrations mark the passing of time which is a little sad, but they also fill me with gratefulness that we have so much to celebrate and continue to look forward too!
Post a Comment