Saturday, June 26, 2010

What a Treat!!

Talk about being "present in the moment"!!! 

My hubby and I had a coupon for a Country and Western Bar near our home, and decided to make the short drive for our date night, to satisfy our appetites. 

Deserted is what it was.  Only two tables had patrons.  Fine for us, since we just wanted to be together and talk.  My surprise of the evening came when the table of four guys made their way to the stage, and took their place behind the instruments.  A woman came from the outdoor patio area and joined them, and so began our own private concert.  Oh my gosh!!!  I couldn't stop smiling; neither could my husband, as he knows full well, my delight in country music.  And this WAS country.  It was awesome.  For our entire meal, we listened to the band belt out some good 'ole country music.

It was a treat...a moment, and I was sooo present in that moment, relishing this random gift just for me. 

1 comment:

Paula said...

That kind of thing is like a huge present wrapped with a bow straight from above. I'm so happy you got to experience that!

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...