I think that is what this post will be--all over the place. Because this is the sort of head space I'm in at the moment. I'm somewhat obssessed with changing up my blog format, ever since the "ghosts of Blogger and Co." sent me new templates. But since I'm not terribly computer savvy it has been both frustrating and fun. Frustrating when I can't figure out how to change something but I know what I want the change to be. And fun, when it actually works!!!!!! I think I like what I have. My daughter took the pic at Eden this past weekend.
Speaking of which...I had such a lovely time there...at Eden. I was feeling well...it was very quiet...slow pace, etc. Just Brian, Ashley and I packed up and took off late Friday afternoon. Cam stayed home to work and finish a last assignment and test studying(although I think there was a fair amount of socializing and soccer watching). As you can see, the flowers my sister and I planted are simply enchanting. Perhaps that is a biased opinion...ha,ha
One of my highlights was a Saturday afternoon walk on the beach, with my daughter, where the sand was warm and oozing through my toes at times, due to the thunderous downpour the previous evening.
It was neat just to walk and talk together.
I was able to finish a book..."Only the Eyes Say Yes" by Philippe and Stephane Vigand. Amazing, powerful, humbling. Sleeping in, eating scrumptious, but mostly healthy meals('cept one must have smores at least once), watching a movie...being together.
Sunday comes all too soon and it's time to head home...to finish off the last of the school year. Exams start next week for both my kids. Then it's into summer with the first half being fairly busy. We are having a Graduation Party for Cam on June 28 and Ashley's birthday is the next day. Two days later we head back to Eden for 8 glorious days. We return home for about 24 hours and then head off to my sister's family to celebrate my Dad's 70th...they live 3 hours away so that will be an overnight. I think I might need a vacation by this time...Whew!
I must head off and get supper going...it's celebration night. Ashley got her braces off yesterday, and since we were at a youth celebration last evening, her meal request had to wait until tonight--Saucy chicken fingers and Curly Fries. Not very healthy, I realize, but I'll add in the veggies and dip to try and keep the cholestoral level down a little! Oh well...have some fun...live a little, right?! I'm really happy for her...2 years and a few months of braces...she's looking forward to eating this meal without half of it stuck in between the wires.
Next post I should be back to something a little more orderly...not that I'm into that sort of thing :)

No comments:
Post a Comment